Wednesday, May 2

Breakfast Mushrooms

Breakfast is something Tim and I have been attempting to perfect for a while now. After both of us conquered the poaching process, we turned to the perfect vegetarian accompaniments. I never go past a good chunk of avocado next to my egg. Avo and egg are like bread and cheese - meant.to.be. I've already shown you my awesome tomatoes and so now its finally time for mushrooms. I made this up myself and I guarantee you some damn gooood mushrooms.

 You Need:
*Mushrooms chopped in half or quarters if they are bigger (I do about 10 small button mushrooms for the 2 of us - we don't have bacon to fill up on!)
* Massel veggie stock
* Pepper
* 20gs of butter (ish)
* 1 tablespoon of olive oil
* Small handful of parsley, finely chopped

Then:
* Pop half your butter and the oil in a saucepan on a low heat on the stove. Once the butter starts melting add the  mushrooms and stir them around until the butter has fully melted, sprinkle in a flat teaspoon of veggie stock and a grind or two of pepper.
* Once the stock and butter has been stirred through all the mushrooms, pop the lid on the saucepan.
* Stir occasionally over 5 minutes until there is more liquid in the pot and mushrooms are browning slightly.
* Once the mushrooms are leaking a fair bit of juice (now doesn't that sound delightful!?) turn the stove up high, high, high and throw in the other half of the butter and the parsley, get it sizzling hot, stirring it around until all the juice has cooked off and they are smelling amazing.
* Serve alongside wholegrain toast, poached runny eggs, roasted tomtoms and a wedge of avocado. Accompany with a steaming hot cup of earl grey tea, and make sure you don't gotta be anywhere in a hurry.
steaming...

4 comments:

  1. Yummy, these looks delicious! I love avocados and I love eggs, but I've never had them together. I will have to try this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, yum! And I like how you captured the steam!!! I feel like mushrooms now! Thanks for your comment on my blog - and I LOVE Ollie and Lola!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! Mushrooms are my absolute favourite breakfast food. And Lunch. ANd dinner...
    Okay I'm a bit of a mushroom freak! I'm also very lucky indeed to have a husband who makes the best mushroom sauce!
    Your pictures are making me drool a little.

    bxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummo! I think I may have just sorted tomorrows brekkie :) there is really nothing better than mushies for breakfast. Except maybe for lunch and dinner as well.. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love receiving comments! *s*