Wednesday, March 20
Another breakfast dish! I made this up this morning and was pleasantly surprised. Making up dishes can be hit and miss for me.
For two people you need:
* 3 tablespoons of olive oil
* half a small onion, diced
* 3 fresh tomatos diced
* 1 level tablespoon of brown sugar
* 1 can of butter beans, drained
* 1 teaspoon of veggie stock powder
* 1 teaspoon of salt
* 1 teaspoon of paprika.
* 1 sprig of fresh parsley, finely chopped.
* 4 sprigs of fresh oregano, stripped from stems
* 1/4 cup of hot water
* 2 poached eggs.
* Pour your olive oil in a medium saucepan on a medium heat and add your onion. Allow to cook until it goes soft and clear.
* Throw in your diced tomatos, brown sugar, veggie stock and salt and keep gently stirring for a minute or so.
* As the tomato juice seeps out add your butter beans, the herbs and hot water. Keep the heat low and allow to simmer gently. Check the taste and adjust with salt, sugar, and perhaps more paprika.
* In the meantime dice your haloumi into medium cubes. Now is also a good time to be poaching those eggs too btw.
* As the bean juice begins to thicken, throw in the haloumi, allowing it to get hot and soft.
Dish up in bowls, and place the poached egg, perhaps grate a little parmesan, a parsley leaf on top and a slice of toast to go on the side. Yum. Town.