Saturday, October 12

Apple & haloumi salad

My friend made the apple and haloumi bit of this salad for us one rainy day recently - and I needed to make it again. But with more of it. I needed the appley, squeaky cheese goodness to become a meal. This salad is kinda wintery in its taste, but the cabbage gives it a fresh crunch and my broad beans are going crazy right now - in our unseasonably warm spring.

This makes 2 light meals or 4 side serves...

You need
250gs Haloumi, sliced
2 small sweet apples, halved, cored and thinly sliced
Half a purple cabbage, shredded
1 cup of broad beans
teaspoon of cinnamon
knob of butter

Then
In a fry pan, melt your butter then add the thinly sliced apple, haloumi and broad beans. Sprinkle the cinnamon


over the top and fry it all up until the haloumi is browned on both sides and the apple is softened, about 5 minutes.
Thinly slice you cabbage and arrange it on a platter/in a bowl. tip your fried goodness on top of the cabbage and serve straight away!

1 comment:

  1. I'm on a Shine Little Light recipe binge. Making this tonight :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love receiving comments! *s*